Brown Butter Crunch Cookies

When it comes to cookies, I stick with what I know.  My dad makes these amazing chocolate chip cookies.  I try to do it like he does, but it never happens, however its the most requested cookie at my house.  So its always chocolate chip cookies.

A Christmas classic is the cookie exchange.  I’m headed to one tomorrow.  And while I love those chocolate chip cookies, they really aren’t cookie exchange fare.  I’m on this “get out of my comfort zone” kick so I did just that with my cookie choice.  These were fun to make, totally different, and you can eat 5 and feel like you didn’t really have any.  Get out of your Christmas cookie comfort zone and make

Brown Butter Crunch Cookies

1/2 C salted butter
1/2 C light corn syrup
2/3 C packed brown sugar
1 C old fashioned oats – not quick oats
3/4 C all purpose flour
1 tsp pure vanilla

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Or if your super fancy line them with your silpat liners. (Christmas list alert Andy).  In a medium sauce pan melt the butter, corn syrup and brown sugar over medium heat and stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.  Increase the heat to high and when the mixture boils remove it and stir in the oats, flour and vanilla.  Drop half teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart on the cookie sheets.  Make sure there is plenty of room as these spread out. Bake for 6-8 minutes (bubbling and golden brown).  Let the cookies cool completely.

Chocolate glaze
1/4 C heavy cream
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp light corn syrup

Heat the cream in a small saucepan until scalded.  Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and corn syrup.  Cover and let stand 15 minutes.  Whisk until smooth.  Drizzle or spoon onto one end of the cookie.  Decorate with holiday sprinkles if your into that sort of thing.  Allow to set/dry.

11 Comments Add yours

1. Mindyl says:

These look easy and delicious – a great combination for cookies.

2. Those look amazing!! Just might have to try them out!!

3. Kim Smith says:

Looks great! I will have to try these!

4. Elizabeth says:

The look delicious! I love the touch of chocolate on them! Mmmm! So glad you linked up with us today! 🙂

Elizabeth

5. Debra says:

I am definitely pinning this for later 🙂

6. I've never heard of those, they look delish though!

7. OH MY! I had something similar to this at a party once and had no clue how to make them but this? This is perfect! Consider these made!

8. Amanda says:

Oooooooh those look so good! I may have to make some for my White Elephant party this weekend!! Great post!

9. Jess says:

Yum!!! I am having a cookie exchange this weekend and that may be the cookie I end up making. Thanks for posting!

10. Cookies!!! I've never seen anything like these..can't wait to try!

11. Keri Snyder says:

I am so hungry for these now! Yum!!!