Winter is my season, we’ve discussed this before. But I’ll have to admit, I’m missing some warmer temperatures. I like the 30’s – 50’s. Thats my happy place. Teens and 20’s, not so much. So the fact that, that is what we have had a whole lot of, has me finding myself annoyed that I don’t want to get outside and be active. And then that leads to me being cranky and Andy dubbing it “Shark week”. So I’ve decided I’m going to make a plan. In the words of my sis in law, “I love a good plan”. So here is the plan, to take me through the next few months so it doesn’t turn into “Shark month”.
- I’m going to experiment with hot tea. Coffee, I’m not cheating on you. Your my first love, and I will spend every morning with you. But I’m ready to venture into the place of hot tea in the evenings.
- I’m going to plan some really fun dates. Evenings can be long with the onset of early darkness. And our “go to” date is dinner, then movies on the couch with popcorn. I’m going to push us out of our comfort zone and attempt to stay out past 10:30pm with some creative dates. The Dating Divas is a great resource for fun, creative dates with all kinds of free downloads. I’ll report back.
- I’m going to give my kids cooking lessons. My girls actually beg for these. I just might be a little territorial in the kitchen. And when they want to help I have to decide if I need to crank through the recipe or if I want to be that kind, sweet, teacher of a mom and let them crack eggs and measure and make a complete mess. I’m going to drag Carson in there too. Your welcome future wife of him. Every girl loves a man who knows his way around the kitchen.
- I’m going to put down my phone. Its a time sucker. We all know it. And while I love all my dear friends, I really don’t need to know what everyone is doing at 7:53pm. I’ve felt like I need to do this for awhile now. I’ve just ignored it. I remember when we didn’t have cable and I had all this time in the evenings. I have a feeling its going to be like that when I put the phone down.
- I’m going to put together a family “yearbook” One of my good friends does this every year for her family. She compiles her photos by month and make a super cute photo book out of them. She uses Blurb. I can’t wait to get this started! I have a million digital photos that we never look at.